A Woman in Wildflowers
The Extraordinary Journey of Elizabeth “Lizzie” Rummel
MARCH 9 at 7:30PM
Presented by Theatre Canmore
A beautiful work of art
This reflective dramatic portrait recounts the extraordinary personal journey of Elizabeth “Lizzie” Rummel.
Shirley Truscott returns with the third of her fabulous “Mountain Woman” Series. “Lizzie” Rummel’s humble mountain life in the towering presence of Mount Assiniboine became in itself a beautiful work of art. If you liked Mary Schaffer, Mountain Woman and A Portrait of Mary Vaux, you’ll love this performance!
- When: Saturday March 9th
- Time: 7:30pm
- Where: artsPlace 950 8th Ave, Canmore
- How long: 1 hour, no intermission
- Cost: $20 per person
- Ages: 10+
- Genre: Drama
- Cast: Shirley Truscott as Elizabeth “Lizzie” Rummel / Elizabeth Sorochan, cello
- Created by: Shirley Truscott
- Partnered with: Ruth Oltmann, author of "Lizzie Rummel: Baroness of the Canadian Rockies", "My Valley the Kananaskis" and "Ruthie’s Trails" will be in attendance.
- Production credits: [Elizabeth Rummel at Mount Assiniboine, ca.1956] V554/NA-372, Elizabeth Rummel fonds, Whyte Museum of the Canadian Rockies